Evacuated residents of flood-threatened northeastern North Dakota city returning home
- ABC News (RSS) – 20 minutes ago
- ABC News (RSS) – 27 minutes ago
Michelle Obama Visits D.C. Public School with Kerry Washington
- ABC News | ABC News Blogs – 29 minutes ago
ABC News' Mary Pflum reports:
Jennifer Bathgate, a mother of three boys, is called "Cake-zilla" by her husband.
Bathgate's elaborate, over-the-top cakes for her sons' birthdays and celebrations have featured everything from Elmo to Cookie Monster to a soccer ball to a subway train to a "Star Wars" cake featuring Darth Vader.
While not every mom can create cakes like Bathgate's, every mom can see photos of them online, along with other moms' hand-sewn Halloween costumes for their kids or homemade Valentine's Day treats for all their children's classmates.
Parents' ultra-sharing in today's social media world, on sites like Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter, just to name a few, is creating another opportunity and, some say, a new struggle for parents, especially moms.
"Definitely, there's that mom competition," Leslie Venokur, co-founder of Big City Moms, a support group for new mothers, told ABC News of the handiwork being displayed on mommy blogs and Pinterest boards.
"There's that, 'I sawRead More »from Social Media a New Stress for Moms Seeking Perfection
- ABC News (RSS) – 32 minutes ago
Jason Pak and Eric Zastoupil are determined not to let their amputations slow them down.
- ABC News (RSS) – 42 minutes ago
With weight of hometown on his shoulders, Carpenter proving to be unflappable at Indianapolis
- ABC News (RSS) – 43 minutes ago
Wis. farmers, firefighters work together on digital maps warning first responders of dangers
- ABC News (RSS) – 47 minutes ago
Drug cartel figure Eduardo Arellano Felix pleads guilty in deal for 15 years in US prison
After 12 years of countless auditions, performances and lots of drama involving the judges themselves, "American Idol" judge Randy Jackson is leaving the show, saying his long stint had run its course.
When the longest-tenured judge announced his departure from America's stage earlier this month, rumors rapidly ran wild. But Jackson confirms to ABC News' Bianna Golodryga that he was not forced out, nor was he kicked off the show.
Golodryga caught up with Jackson at the MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Fla., where he's meeting the troops and donating guitars from his HSN guitar collection.
"You know, a bit of what I've done on 'Idol' for 12 seasons is that same sort of thing. I love inspiring people," said Jackson.
His response begged the question of why, then, Jackson would give up being on the show now.
"I don't think it's a 'Why give it up now?" Jackson said. "I just think that I've been through a lot of iterations of the show."
"If you think back 12 seasons ago when itRead More »from Randy Jackson: Why He's Leaving 'American Idol'
- ABC News (RSS) – 56 minutes ago
Irving Mann, 88, lost his identification tags while digging fox holes in 1940s France.
- ABC News (RSS) – 1 hour 5 minutes ago
Judge orders more alcohol monitoring for Cowboys DT charged in wreck that killed teammate
- Social Media a New Stress for Moms Seeking … ABC News Blogs - 29 minutes ago
- Randy Jackson: Why He's Leaving 'American … ABC News Blogs - 54 minutes ago
- Teacher Makes Super Sweet Graduation … ABC News Blogs - 1 hour 49 minutes ago
- Amanda Bynes Arrested on Marijuana Charge … ABC News Blogs - 2 hours 34 minutes ago
- Photo: Amanda Bynes's Mugshot Revea … ABC News Blogs - 2 hours 35 minutes ago