Federer, Nadal to renew rivalry in Rome final; Serena Williams faces Azarenka
- ABC News (RSS) – 45 minutes ago
- ABC News (RSS) – 49 minutes ago
Brunner, Smith lead charge as Red Wings beat Blackhawks 4-1 in Game 2 to tie Western semifinal
- ABC News (RSS) – 51 minutes ago
Cops: Suspect ID'd in home invasion that left Hofstra University student, suspect dead
- ABC News (RSS) – 1 hour 12 minutes ago
Wrestling's governing body makes rule, constitutional changes in bid to keep sport in Olympics
- ABC News (RSS) – 1 hour 15 minutes ago
'Merci, David': Beckham captains Paris Saint-Germain in last home game of his long career
- ABC News (RSS) – 1 hour 31 minutes ago
President Obama's commencement speech at Morehouse College to shine spotlight on HBCUs
- ABC News (RSS) – 1 hour 38 minutes ago
Break-in that left student from NY's Hofstra University, intruder killed under investigation
- ABC News (RSS) – 1 hour 42 minutes ago
Seeking $600M Powerball jackpot, people pick up last-minute tickets; most number combos bought
- ABC News (RSS) – 2 hours 7 minutes ago
NY assemblyman accused of serial sex harassment says he will resign, before he's expelled
- ALYSSA NEWCOMB | Good Morning America – 2 hours 15 minutes ago
As the countdown ticks on to tonight's record Powerball drawing, the jackpot has swollen to $600 million, largely due to California's participation in the game, lottery officials said.
In the one month since California joined the list of 42 states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands in playing, Powerball fever has swept across the Golden State.
California, the country's most populous state, has skyrocketed to the top three states in terms of ticket sales, alongside Florida and New York, according to lottery officials.
Read more: Seven States That Won't Cash In on Powerball
"Once California joined the Powerball family, we helped change the dynamics to this game because of the mere size of the state and the number of players that we have," a California lottery spokesperson told ABC News.
The size of the jackpot has created a frenzy that has also driven ticket sales, according to lottery officials. The previous record for a Powerball jackpot was $587.5 million onRead More »from Powerball Jackpot Swells to $600 Million With California's Participation
- App of the Week: Buycott ABC News Blogs - 9 hours ago
- Summer Travel Discounts for Teachers … ABC News Blogs - 10 hours ago
- 77-Year-Old Shoots Hole-in-One Three … ABC News Blogs - 21 hours ago
- Jewelry Heist at Cannes Straight From … ABC News Blogs - 22 hours ago
- Aimee Copeland Gets Bionic Hands ABC News Blogs - 22 hours ago