Ever since news of former "Bachelor" contestant Gia Allemand's death by apparent suicide hit social media, former cast members and friends have been tweeting about the loss in their reality TV family.
The Maxim model finished third in Jake Pavelka's season and 14th installment of the show in 2010.
Allemand, 29, was found in her New Orleans home Monday night "after an apparent suicide" by her boyfriend and NBA basketball player Ryan Anderson. She was rushed to University Hospital but taken off life support today, a statement from the family said.
Former "Bachelor" and "Bachelorette" stars were shocked by the news.
It's with heavy hearts that we say goodbye to our good friend Gia Allemand. She will be loved and missed by all who knew her.
- Chris Harrison (@chrisbharrison) August 14, 2013
- Ali Fedotowsky (@AliFedotowsky) August 14, 2013
I am in complete shock and devastated to hear the news about Gia. She was one of the sweetest people I have ever known.
- Jake Pavelka (@jakepavelka1) August 14, 2013
Gia you are my angel! You changed so many lives with your beautiful soul and will be missed and loved forever.
- Vienna Girardi (@ViennaGirardi) August 14, 2013
My heart is heavy. Thank you Gia for leaving behind an example of how to live a beautiful life. Thank… http://t.co/KPhQj5SEtB
- Tenley Molzahn (@TenleyMolzahn) August 14, 2013
So incredibly sad to hear the news. Love and prayers go out to Gia's family and friends.
- Desiree Hartsock (@DesHartsock) August 14, 2013
- Trista Sutter (@tristasutter) August 14, 2013
My heart is heavy…thoughts and prayers with @GiaAllemand and her family.
- Molly Mesnick (@MollyMesnick) August 14, 2013
So sad and scary to hear about @GiaAllemand…sending love, strength and prayers to her and her family….
- Melissa Rycroft (@MelissaRycroft) August 14, 2013
- Gia Allemand
- Jake Pavelka