Eugenie “Genie” Bouchard is tennis’ new “it” girl.
The 20-year-old Canadian is taking Wimbledon by storm. While many expected that she would be a champion of the future, Bouchard is making a name for herself right now.
On Thursday, she beat her third-ranked opponent to qualify for her first-ever Grand Slam final.
Speaking at a press conference after the match, Bouchard said she wasn’t surprised by her win.
“I expect good result like this and so, for me, it’s like, good, it’s a step in the right direction,” she said.
Bouchard is now just one step away from wining the biggest title of them all - that of Wimbledon champion – but it’s not just her swing that’s catching people’s eyes.
Thanks to her good looks and winning smile, Bouchard is already gracing magazine covers and is a crowd favorite.
5 Things to Know About Eugenie Bouchard
- Bouchard and her twin sister, Beatrice, were named after British royalty.
- She has told reporters that Justin Bieber would be her dream date.
- One of her biggest supporters is “The Big Bang” star Jim Parsons.
- Bouchard has three siblings, including her twin sister.
- At a Wimbledon press conference on Saturday, she wore a kimono and carried a teddy bear.
- Sports & Recreation
- Eugenie Bouchard